Friday, April 18, 2008

"Condi must go" petition -- a good idea

An email rolled in from Democracy for America and hit my Sign-Petition button right on center. Signing helped me recover from the helpless feeling that followed the ABC debate the other night.

Have a look yourself:




Sometimes I try to understand why public events can have such an impact on my happiness. Hey, things are pretty good for me, why do I get down when someone in government screws up bigtime. Thank goodness for great literature, in which the lines often have nuggets of wisdom. Today I started rereading Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness," and there in the early pages Marlow tells his companions why he was struck by unease as he was introduced to his new environment.

"You know, I hate, detest, and can't bear a lie ... There is a taint of death, a flavor of mortality in lies ... It makes me miserable and sick, like biting something rotten would do."

This is what we're getting from the loyal Bushies, and they wonder why we're bitter.

No comments: