Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dems also violate the rules on political money

I missed this story from earlier this week – the wrapup of that small fuss that arose during the 2006 election season over dubious fundraising by OUR side. Seems some money is being paid out in fines.


It makes me wonder about our laws. Shouldn't it be clear that it's wrong to do something? If we need a lawyer standing over us all the time to advise whether some action is legal or not, have we not made life too complicated? Take a browse through the Florida election laws: Title IX, Chapters 97-106, 126 pages of rather small print. Got it memorized? Now you can think about running for office or giving/accepting campaign contributions.


I have to confess that sometimes I'm over there on the Ron Paul side of things -- Get out of my life, big government! And stop changing the laws all the time. Get it right and stop fiddling! It's the wet dream of the prison-building industry: people going to jail all the time for violating laws they didn't know existed.

While I'm unloading: Miami Beach city commissioners are also guilty of too much fiddling when they (unanimously!) ban restaurants from displaying their dishes. Geez, go back to telling us what color we can paint our houses. And I voted for most of these meddlers.

No comments: